Two weeks ago I went in for normal high risk ultrasound appointment. The tech did all of the measurements and said baby girl only grew 1 ounce since last check up. Which was way to little of growth. So my regular doctor came in and did another full check, trying to stretch the measurements…at the most she’s only gained 6 ounces.
Baby girl should have gained more like a pound in that time.
Our little peach is either on her own tiny bell curve and will just be super small…or she’s possibly under some kind of stress. They put me on some monitors that day to track movement and heart rate etc…and her resting heart rate seems high.
I’m now going in each week for more monitoring. I went Tuesday of this past week and although they didn’t measure her (they measure every other week to give her more time to grow) they said her heart rate was alright.
The doctor said that if baby girl’s progress doesn’t change they’d like to get her out at 38 weeks. I am hoping to find out at my next appt how realistic that actually is.
Another thing…I’ve somehow picked up a really bad cough this week. It’s either the air quality here that has been impacted by the African dust…or I am sick. Either way, I’m coughing a ton! So much so that I think I’ve possibly pulled a muscle or torn cartilage…I’m not sure! But it more or less feels like someone is stabbing a knife into my side! lol! It hurts to breathe right now!
If I’m honest my heart feels weary and my body exhausted…would definitely love your prayers for this lil baby girl and I to have the strength to make it to the end of this pregnancy!
On a positive note I wanted to write a list of things I’m loving so far about TX! This move has been anything/everything but easy, but there’s some sweet things that we can absolutely celebrate and be thankful for!
Things I love about TX so far:
- The weather: Oh wait, no! It’s not super amazing! Not yet anyway! It’s really hot and for this pregnant body of mine it’s been a really crazy adjustment!!!
- Exploring: the new little towns and places we are finding that are cute enough for post cards!
- River rafting is a thing here! We never did that in CA! The whole family LOVED it!
- The wildlife: Our neighbors have a donkey, down the street there is someone raising ostriches and zebras, and we see deer in our yard and on our street every single day! Its crazy awesome!
- The people: Everyone from our neighbors, church members to the clerk at the UPS store is so unbelievably nice!
- The pace: seems like people move slower here and life isn’t quite so busy. We really really really love that. Once we get settled in that’s the speed we want to live by too.
- Our church: We are loving meeting new friends and seeing our kids build new friendships. We hope we don’t have to move again for a very, very long time!
- Our home: We have more space than we ever have and getting to decorate and build each room around what styles and items we want has been SO FUN!!!
- Our pool: eeeeeek! We ALL love the pool! It’s the absolute best to float and get the weight off of my belly! And little Crew wouldn’t even put his face in the water last summer, but now he’s swimming just as well as the bigger kids!!!
- The potential: We have the potential to really settle in here and create an entirely different lifestyle than what we had in CA. Each day we settle in more and more and that potential gets a little closer to our reality. We see God stretching us and using this time to help us remember that He is a good Father. He sees us and provides for us in ways we may not have even known to ask for. I will always grieve leaving CA, but there is so much joy in being here pursuing this new adventure together.